What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is advertising delivered through digital channels. It is the act of promoting and selling products and services taking advantage of online marketing tactics, such as social media marketing, search marketing and email marketing. In many ways, digital marketing is no different than traditional marketing. In both, intelligent organizations seek to develop mutually beneficial relationships with potential clients, potential clients and potential clients.
Digital marketing is defined by the use of numerous digital tactics and channels to connect with customers where they spend much of their time: online. The best digital marketing specialists have a clear idea of how each digital marketing campaign supports its overall objectives. And depending on the objectives of your marketing strategy, sellers can support a larger campaign through the free and paid channels at their disposal.
Digital marketing is opening windows of opportunities for B2B marketers to promote their companies on a wide range of digital marketing channels—including websites, email, social media, organic search, paid search, mobile and display ads, for example
What Are the Benefits of Digital Marketing?
The main advantage of digital marketing is that you can reach a target audience in a profitable and measurable way. Other advantages of digital marketing include increasing brand loyalty and boosting online sales
Having a strong digital presence will help you in multiple ways:
- It will make it easier to create awareness and engagement both before and after the sale
- It will help you convert new buyers into rabid fans who buy more (and more often)
- It will kickstart word-of-mouth and social sharing—and all the benefits that come with them
- It will shorten the buyer’s journey by presenting the right offers at the right time
- It will allow you to target your ideal buyers.
- It helps you reach your customers who are on social media.
- Its SEO and local SEO helps you reach more qualified buyers online.
- It helps you to connect with mobile customers.
- You can easily and quickly adapt your strategy and tactics for best results
Latest Trends in digital Marketing
Many new trends and digital marketing strategies are evolving in the current era of high technology and connected to the Internet, which means that companies must use them to succeed in their efforts because what worked for you last year may not work (also) this year. As digital trends evolve every year, marketers should always be aware of the changes in order to easily adapt with emerging technologies and stay ahead in the market. This will help them gain a competitive edge and become able to develop new ways to grow their businesses, generate leads and improve the relationship with their existing customers.
We have listed out few digital marketing trends that you can take advantage of to improve your marketing strategy and meet a desired outcome.
- Voice Search – Voice search is undoubtedly rising in popularity. By 2020, 50% of all queries will be voice-based according to Comscore. There are mainly two types of voice search: those implemented by smart speakers such as Amazon Alexa, Apple Homepod, Google Home and Microsoft Cortana that provide search engines with immediate voice answers to their questions and those that are installed on desktop computers and smartphones like Siri and Google Assistant that show written search results.
- Smarter Chat – Chatbots have been rising in the few recent years and still persists in 2019. Chatbots play a fundamental role in improving the customer experience and allow marketers to interact better with their audience, without really doing much. They offer real-time assistance to the user, dedicated support and proactive interactions where they ask questions to understand the real problem.
- Micro-Moments – As more users process their activities online using their smartphones, marketing specialists continue to take advantage of micro-moments to attract the attention of their audience and comply with their instant decisions. Every time a customer searches for something, looks for a nearby store, wants to finish a task or makes a purchase, marketing specialists can take advantage of this type of micro-moments to create specific content and advertising.
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Marketing – Augmented reality ads are one of the main applications now used by some marketing specialists. It is a way of bringing static or unreal environments to a more realistic experience, something that would integrate the “offer” with the “reality” of the buyer.
- Live Videos – More Stories – Live streaming content is effective because it is free, it takes little time to produce while offering user participation in real time, and viewers use their content based on their time and not theirs. Live streaming content allows marketers to interact with their potential customers as quickly as possible, improve their relationship with followers, reach a wider audience and increase the traffic of their social channels.
- AI and Machine Learning – AI allows sellers to anticipate probable future patterns of their customers based on the data collected. With this data, marketing specialists can determine how to interact better with their active buyers using different channels such as direct mail, sales reach or digital advertising.
- Engagement-Based Email Marketing – As email marketing is becoming smarter, marketing specialists have begun to worry more about sending emails to subscribers who are active on their lists. For example, if a contact gets very involved with their emails, they should be regularly nurtured with content and updates about their company until they become a loyal customer. On the other hand, if a subscriber has not opened an email for a certain period of time, it will be considered as an inactive contact and will no longer receive additional emails.
- Rich Lead Profiling – Offered by companies that collect and manage complex data for millions of potential customers and companies, data enrichment has become increasingly important. Marketing specialists use data enrichment to reveal more details about their potential customers and customize their approach when they try to contact them. The great advantages of data enrichment is that it eliminates any incorrect or inaccurate information that companies may have about a specific potential customer, such as their email, phone number or address.
- Browser Push Notifications – Push notifications are moving to the field of web browser technology and are one of the most popular web development trends for 2019. Companies use browser push notifications to reach their potential customers more effectively and communicate with their audience in a more powerful way.
- Facebook May Be Peaking – The good news is that Facebook is still currently the #1 social media platform. It is important that future digital marketing specialists really see who their target market may be, because Facebook may be very inappropriate for some campaigns, especially as the downward trend continues with younger demographics.
- Instagram is a Hit with the Kids – Fortunately for Facebook, its biggest threat is no threat since they bought Instagram. The social media platform based on images and videos is optimized to make it easier for users to share photos and videos from their phone, which is now the most ubiquitous computing device on the planet and is rapidly growing as the computer chosen by the general public. The meteoric rise of Instagram has already exceeded one billion users, an impressive achievement.
- Good Content Still Matters – Content marketing remains an essential component of digital marketing, although more and more emphasis is placed on the nuances of content. Quality will always matter a lot, but now there is a renewed interest in investigating more deeply who the intended recipients are.